Greenstaff Medical understands the importance of protecting clients’ and staff members’ privacy. We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
We primarily hold personal information for the following:
- To assist in securing you suitable placements in suitable healthcare facilities
- Personal information submitted and obtained from each person seeking employment and other sources in connection with applications for work
- Supply to you, and administer, the products and services you require
- Conform to various legislative and government reporting requirements
- Training to identify any training
- Client and business relationship management to ensure we are familiar with and fully understand your needs
- Marketing to inform you of events, services
Types of personal information held and collected by Greenstaff Medical usually falls into the following categories:
- Staff information
- Work performance information
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
If your personal information is not provided
- If you do not provide us with all of the information, we request we may be unable to supply to you the service that you require.
Privacy Collection Notification & Consent to Electronic Transactions
We will need to collect personal information about you. Personal information may range from the sensitive (e.g. relevant medical history or criminal history) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements. We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities.
We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal information will be collected by Greenstaff Medical PTY Limited | Level 10/ 555 Lonsdale Street | Melbourne VIC 3000 for its own use and on behalf of other members of the ICG group who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
The other members of the ICG Group are, Greenstaff Medical UK, Greenstaff Medical USA, Cromwell, Imperial, CarePower Group, Clinical24.
Your personal information will be held on a centralised online database with access from our brands located at 555 Lonsdale Street Melbourne VIC 3000, Udyog Vihar Phase 4 Gurgaon Haryana 122015 and 21-23 Wootton Street London SE1 8TG, . Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
How Greenstaff Medical uses your personal information
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- the necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, c.v., nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- our statutory compliance obligations;
- payroll functions;
- determining what (if any) fees may be payable by our clients in respect of your actual or potential work placements.
Your personal information may be disclosed to…
- potential and actual employers and clients of Greenstaff Medical;
- a person who seeks a reference about you;
- other members of the ICG group;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our payroll services providers, I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be off shore;
- a parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
- Government bodies –in the evident of an investigation
- Governing bodies for audit purposes.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
The following Australian laws require or authorise our collection of personal information from you:
- Migration Act 1958 (C’th) and Migration Regulations 1994 (C’th);
- Private Employment Agents (Code of Conduct) Regulation 2005 (Qld);
- Any another law in which recruitment of candidates/ nurses fall under.
There may be cases where our duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs. For example; a nurses AHPRA registration number or Working with Children Number.
When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us all or part of the information we need
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people including referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities, educational institutions, who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered.
If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
By providing Greenstaff Medical your personal information for the purpose of recruitment, casual labour hire, on hire, contracts or placements your consent will be implied to the collection of your personal information irrespective if your employment/ recruitment process is completed.
Greenstaff Medical takes every precaution to protect your information. To this end, Greenstaff Medical has implemented appropriate technologies and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use.
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose, and in some cases, we may only disclose information with your consent. We do not disclose information about your personal information that you provide, such as your address, email address, telephone number, etc., to any outside parties, except when we believe we are under a lawful duty of care to do so.
Under no circumstances will information be sold to external agencies for marketing purposes. We may, with your consent, use your personal details to give you information that may be of interest to you, about the other products and services that are available from us, from our related entities, and from other businesses with which we or our related entities have relationships. Your consent will be implied unless you notify us that you do not consent to your information being used for this purpose. You can elect to alter your consent at any time.
When we may give personal information to other Organisations At times we may need to provide personal information about you to other organisations who provide services that assist us in supplying to you, or in administering, the products and services you require, or assist us in giving you the information that you are entitled to. Examples of such organisations are our related entities, related training organisations, printing and mailing houses, valuers, legal advisers and collection agents. These organisations may only use the information to the extent necessary to provide the services we require.
Third Party Websites
Greenstaff Medical is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.greenstaffmedical.com.au and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or questions.
Disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients
We are likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients within our business. The countries in which the overseas recipient to whom we are likely to disclose your personal information are likely to be located are as follows:
- 126 W Regent St, Glasgow G2 2RQ, United Kingdom
- Udyog Vihar Phase 4 Gurgaon Haryana 122015, India
- 21-23 Wootton Street London SE1 8TG, England
- 7700 Windrose Avenue, Plano, TX 75024
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact Camilla Kerrigan Camilla.email@example.com +61 3 90210122 during normal office hours which are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. If you need to contact us about your personal or sensitive information urgently outside normal office hours you should contact +61 3 90210122 to speak to our staff.